This representative villa, which is named after the former owner, Rudolf Hammerschmidt, the Councillor of Commerce, a rich industrialist, became world-famous as the headquarters of the German federal president.
In 1950, the Federal Republic of Germany acquired the Villa Hammerschmidt. During Bonn’s capital time it was the first headquarters of the federal president and still is his second headquarters today. The building was erected in the period of promoterism, when Bonn was one of Germany’s richest cities and numerous wealthy people selected the “Rhenish Riviera” as their
Source: Tourismus&Congress GmbH Region Bonn/Rhein-Sieg/Ahrweiler